November 15, 2009

Introduction to my blog

Hi everybody! I am Shurovi and this is my first blog. I hope that you will all like it and am sure that it will also provide you with a lot of valuable information. This blog is going to be talking about Bangladesh; and here I will be describing what or how this beautiful developing nation is going to be like after 2050. I will present all the data and information, surely by taking all the facts and observations into account. However, as this is a blog, I will also have a chance to bring out my own thoughts and views. I am also glad to say that blogs are an interactive way of presenting information and thus welcome all your views and comments too.

HOW DO YOU THINK THIS DEVELOPING NATIION WILL TURN OUT AFTER 2050?


At first I would like to give a brief introduction to Bangladesh:
• Bangladesh is a South-Asian country that is bordered by India and Myanmar.
• Bangladesh is about 150,000 square kilometers.
• It has a population of nearly 150 million.
• It has one of the highest population densities.
• The GDP growth rate is approximately 6.7%
• The inflation rate is 9.1%
• The unemployment rate is 2.5%
• The literacy rate in Bangladesh is approximately 41%
• The life expectancy rate is 63 years.
• Two-thirds of Bangladeshis work in the primary sector.
• Three quarters of Bangladesh’s export earnings come from the secondary sector.

6 comments:

  1. the literacy rate is also too low.. its more than what is written down there

    ReplyDelete
  2. The literacy rate given above is an estimation made in 2006...i apologise for not giving updated measurements...the literacy rate now is 48.85% on an average...but i am sorry to say that the unemplyment rate is indeed 2.5%......the information is accurate as of sepember,2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you took me wrong_i dint say dat i do not believe the unemplyment rate_its just that i was surprised to see only 2.5% while theres so much hype that there are so many unemplyed ppl in our country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi dosto.At 1st I wld like to say tht this is a fantastic job at ur 1st time.But I think some of ur assumption is not right in aspect of our present situation. Overall presentation style is assume. was it ur assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks and yes it still is my assignment! And i will surely rectify these mistakes in the future.

    ReplyDelete